Friday, July 28, 2006

mommies (07/13/2006)

i would like to give props and show my appreciation to my wife and all other good mommies out there. last night, being just the latest example, our youngest (1 year 9 months) cried out in the middle of the night. we think she's starting to dream. she's been doing this for at least a few weeks. usually, i'm wired to sleep right through it. but, i am willing, if mommy wakes me up, to wake up and help. so i did last night. but, when i went in and tried to pat her back, she pushed away my hand and kept whining. so i left and my wife went in.
although sometimes daddy is good enough, that's the exception to the rule. there's that special bond between mommy and child. they feel more comforted by mommy, although when mommy's not around, daddy will suffice, heh. i want to say how fortunate i feel, and my girls should feel, to have a mommy that is dedicated to servicing that bond. i appreciate her because, on such mornings, i see how tired she is, she looks, when she gets out of bed.

No comments: