Thursday, January 25, 2007

More Government Should Help

I have a good idea for how to get back at American Airlines (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/16533365.htm). It's a little complicated, so follow closely: fly another airline next time. If you need further explanation, please contact me.

Seriously, I sympathize. I wouldn't want to be stuck on a plane for that long, just sitting on the tarmac, especially if I had either of my pre-K girls with me. I'd raise hell if they became excessively hungry, needed medicine or the like.

The publicity this is garnering should be a catalyst for one of two things, or both: American will lose present and future customers (something it cannot afford to do) or they will improve their processes.

But please, can we cease all the 'Passenger's Bill of Right' baloney, please? The last thing that needs to happen is the introduction of more regulation on every airline because of the actions, or lack thereof, of one. The market works these things out. Uncle Sam already has his hands way too far into mine and your private lives.

You don't think they know about all this, and are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen on one of their airplanes??

No comments: